Bacteria responsible for periodontal disease have been found in the the heart area of patients who suffer from artery inflammation, high cholesterol, and heart disease. Physicians and dentists believe that it is not difficult for oral bacterial to enter the bloodstream through diseased, bleeding gums, and abscesses that reach from the gums into veins and capillaries that carry blood to and from the heart.
Check out the top ten ways that you can make your heart love you for the rest of your life!
- Avoid foods with high saturated fats
- Snack on heart healthy nuts
- Eat oatmeal for breakfast
- Add heart healthy fish like salmon to your diet
- Reduce processed breads and cereals
- Get up and move
- Consistently get at least 8 hours of sleep
- De-stress your life as much as possible
- Maintain a healthy weight and get regular health examinations
- Brush two minutes twice daily and floss