- Humans have two sets of teeth.
- Humans have 32 teeth.
- A Hippo actually has 40 teeth, even though you usually only see four.
- Dogs rarely get cavities because their saliva has a very high pH.
- An elephant's molars can weigh up to 10 lbs!
- The teeth of a pocket gopher grow up to 15 inches a year!
- Although a blue whale is the largest mammal, it has no teeth!
- Armadillos have 104 teeth!
- Snails can have 25,000 teeth, which are located on their tongue!
- Dolphins have only one set of teeth for their lifetime.
Comparing your kid's teeth to their own favorite animals can help keep them focused on maintaining their own! If you have any questions concerning your children's dental health, or are in need of an appointment, call our office at 918-455-0123!