Spreading Holiday cheer begins with Fresh Breath! Not only during the Holidays, but every day of the year, keeping your teeth clean and your breath minty fresh, can be a struggle for many people. Although good oral hygiene is the first step, there are many other factors that can contribute to bad breath such as tobacco, a dry mouth, medications, sinus issues, foods and gum disease.
So if Buddy the Elf's famous quote about the fake Santa, "your breath smells like beef and cheese." is hindering you from spreading Christmas cheer, then remember that visiting our office for regular cleanings and exams can keep your holidays fresh and bright!
If you are in need of an appointment to freshen up your breath this holiday season, call our office at 918-455-0123!
Sunday, December 4, 2016
When it comes to keeping your smile looking its best during this hectic Holiday Season, good oral health is a must! Although many patients feel that good oral health habits are the most important during the childhood "cavity prone years," these good habits should start early and continue throughout your lifetime. Even though the Holidays can be a very busy time and many people put their dental health on the "back burner," check out the following habits that are worth maintaining this Holiday Season to keep your teeth healthy.
- Brush and Floss Regularly
- Two minutes twice daily & flossing reduce your bacterial count
- Regularly Visit Our Office
- Bi-annual exams and cleanings can reduce your risk for decay and gum disease
- Stop Smoking
- Tobacco users are four-times greater to develop gum disease
- Limit Your Alcohol Intake
- Alcohol can increase the risk for mouth and throat cancer
- Eat Healthy
- Fruits and vegetables stimulate saliva, which allow tooth re-mineralization
To learn more about the habits that can help keep your smile healthy during this Holiday Season, or if you are are in need of a dental appointment, call our office at 918-455-0123!