While there is no way to predict exactly which individuals will get oral cancer, there are some potential causes you should know about--because in some causes, you can minimize these risk factors:
- AGE. Most patients are over the age of 40.
- TOBACCO. All tobacco products increase the risk.
- ALCOHOL. Excessive consumption, especially in combination with tobacco use.
- INFECTIONS. Persistent viral infections, such as HPV16.
- DIET. Low consumption of fruits and vegetables increase the risk.
If you have any questions concerning oral cancer or are in need of an appointment, call our office at 918-455-0123!