- Diet Pop Can Boost Your Diabetes Risk
- Diet Pop changes the make-up of gut microbes, which increase the risk for Type II Diabetes.
- Artificial Sweeteners leads to glucose intolerance.
- Diet Pop Can Increase You Waist Line
- Researchers found that diet pop consumers had a 70% increase in waist size compared to non-diet pop drinkers.
- Diet Pop Erodes Your Tooth Enamel
- Diet pop may be sugar free, but it does contain phosphoric and citric acids as flavoring agents, which studies have shown to dissolve enamel.
- Diet Pop Changes Your Metabolism
- One diet pop a day increases the risk for metabolic syndrome by 34%.
- Diet Pop Can Lead To A Higher Risk Of Depression
- Research has now linked that drinking more than 4 cans of pop a day increases the risk of depression by 30% as compared to those that do not. The risk is even higher among diet pop consumers.
All that said, it isn't a good idea to switch back to regular pop either. One can of pop has 33 grams of sugar-and most people drink more that just one 12-ounce serving! If you have any questions or are in need of a dental appointment, call our office at 918-455-0123!